Updated August 14, 2019
A classic golf course community developed in the 1930s, lying at the southwestern edge of the city.
- $2.9 million (originally listed at $3.25 million)
- 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 3 half-baths, 10,696 square feet, 2.88 acres
- Price/square foot: $271
- Built in 1935
- Listed December 2015
- Last sale: None
- Note: Located on the Sedgefield Country Club golf course
- $599,000 (originally listed at $684,000)
- 4 bedrooms, 4 1/2 bathrooms, 4,164 square feet, 1.57 acres
- Price/square foot: $144
- Built in 1927
- Listed April 26, 2018
- Last sale: $655,000, April 2016
- From the Preservation North Carolina listing: “When this property was built in 1927, it was built as a Tea House, being located as a convenient stop-by point for travelers from Greensboro to High Point. During Prohibition it served as a Speakeasy, and it still has the small door in the front door which was to ‘screen’ travelers coming in. In the 1940’s it was converted to a private residence.”
- One of the most recognizable houses in Sedgefield because it faces High Point Road (the section that Gate City Boulevard now bypasses).
- Includes a “stone grotto formed with natural boulders surrounding a heated salt water pool.”
The residential neighborhood within Greensboro’s central business district has experienced a renaissance over the past couple decades. Many classic retail buildings now have renovated condos above them.
No properties are currently listed.
Elsewhere in Greensboro
Classic homes are found in many neighborhoods around Greensboro, including Brice Street, Highland Park, Lamrocton, McAdoo Heights, Pomona, Southside and other areas.
- $369,000 (originally listed at $375,000)
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2,320 square feet, 0.92 acre
- Price/square foot: $159
- Built in 1915
- Listed June 13, 2019
- Last sale: $199,900, October 2012
- Neighborhood: Highland Meadows
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2,352 square feet
- Price/square foot: $138
- Built in 1905
- Listed March 26, 2019
- Last sale: 1995, one of three properties sold together with no individual prices recorded.
- Neighborhood: Brice Street
- Note: Rental property, vinyl siding
- County property records show the house having two bathrooms; the listing says there are three.
1850 N. Elm Street
contract pending as of August 9, 2019
- $246,000 (originally listed at $270,000)
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,928 square feet
- Price/square foot: $128
- Built in 1935
- Listed May 16, 2019
- Last sale: $230,000, July 2016
- Neighborhood: McAdoo Heights