Updated March 18, 2019
305 S. Mendenhall Street
The Stokes-Dees House
- $324,900 (originally listed at $329,900)
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2,470 square feet
- Price/square foot: $132
- Built in 1918
- Listed August 4, 2018
- Last sale: $31,000, October 1978
- Celebrity Connection: The house was owned from 1933-53 by Rigdon O. Dees, M.D., grandfather of Rigdon Osmond Dees III.
- $280,000 (Zillow “Make Me Move” listing; see explanation below)
- For those not familiar with the College Hill neighborhood, this price is unrealistically high for a rental property.
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1,722 square feet
- Price/square foot: $163
- Built in 1923
- Listed January 10, 2019 (zillow.com only)
- Last sale: $77,500, May 1996
- Note: Rental
- A Zillow “Make Me Move” listing: “The owner of this home is interested in selling for the price posted.” It’s not listed with MLS or a real estate agency.
- For those not familiar with the neighborhood, $280,000 is not a realistic price for this house.
- County property records show the house with 1,722 square feet; the listing says 2,000.
216 S. Tate Street
contract pending as of February 25, 2019
- 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2,055 square feet
- Price/square foot: $111
- Built in 1923
- Listed February 14, 2019
- Last sale: $170,000, March 2005
- Note: Currently a rental.
- The house is in the College Hill Historic District. Historic-district zoning prohibits dividing single-unit houses into multiple units. Citywide zoning prohibits more than four unrelated persons from occupying a single unit.
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,952 square feet
- Price/square foot: $131
- Built in 1900
- Listed September 24, 2018
- Last sale: $113,900, July 2004
- Note: Single-family home divided into two apartments.
- For sale by owner
Condos and Townhouses
None for sale